5 March 2014
3 March 2014
Photos from: Neon Blush, Zorannah, Sincerely, Jules, What the Chung?, other blogs and tumblrs
28 February 2014
Wouldn't you know it?
Did you know there (at least) SEVEN kinds of mascara? As someone who lives off of mascara, my mind was blown. Finding the perfect mascara has been a bit like the quest for El Dorado. You know, because a girl has her priorities. Did you also know that if you buy something at certain stores and it goes on sale within a few weeks, they'll refund the difference? I had no clue! This week with fashion month in it's home stretch and Spring on the verge springing we have all kinds of tips and tricks for you to add to your arsenal of fashion goodness. You'll be a total fashion braniac before you finish out the links!
Links à la Mode: February 27th
- Alysalovely: Gold, Silver & Bronze Figure Skating Costumes
- A Vintage Covered: Muslim Designers at Indonesia Fashion Week
- Hey Mishka: Geek Chic: Tech In Motion
- I Can Style U: The Way of The Suspender
- Fashion Junkie: How to Be More Productive With Your Life
- Frugal Shopaholics: Are You Familiar With Price Adjustments?
- Keily's Fashion Picks: Introducing LiveLoveModa an Online Boutique Launched by a Blogger
- Lara Lizard: Dress Your Age, Stupid!
- Lunar Candy: Magic Market Week Wrap Up
- Miss Monet: Jeremy Scott's Junk Food Couture
- Mode Plus: How to Get Your Wardrobe Spring Ready
- On Duty Style Guide: How to Make Your Readers Like You
- Petite Career Girl: Three Ways to Style a Wrap Dress
- Sannam and Style: Mixing Prints: Leopard and Camo
- Style Curated: Lovely in Lace Marianna Jungmann
- Style Through Her Eyes: Beauty Box 5: Nail Sprinkles
- Style Vanity: The 7 Different Types of Mascara
- Tangles and Chains: Four Jewelry Wearing Rules You Can Break
- The B Team: 15 (more) Ways to Style a Plaid Flannel Shirt
- We Are Ready Made: Prada Got Trash!
27 February 2014
- Think about what you want to do with your free time.
- Make a List!
- Follow the List.
- Allow yourself short breaks.
- Stick to the plan!
- Don't forget to enjoy your List!
We all have jobs or school, so the time you have for yourself is limited. Think about how do you want to spend it and make as much as possible out of it. Do more sports, read a book, draw, create something, spend more time with friends, try out some new recipe, all that comes to mind!
Now that you know what you'd want to do with your life, write a list of it and put it somewhere visible, so whenever you'll be drifting off you can look at the list, choose something and start doing that. It clears your mind, keeps you focused and prevents ideas being forgotten. Whenever you think of another thing, just put it on the list. It'll be like a free-time bucket list.
This part is the hardest, I agree. You come home from work/school, you're tired, your brain is turning off, you just want to sit on a couch and do nothing. But personally, I then always go to bed with a guilty conscience. I had time to do something just for myself and I didn't use it. So let's use the list and use this 24 hours a day wisely, doing something we care about or like to do. We have too little time to let it drift away in front of a tv.
It's almost impossible to be concentrated and alert for 24 hours a day. Take short breaks to relax. Let's say you come home in the afternoon, tired from all the thinking through out the day, now you need a little to recuperate. Go browse through your favorite gossip website, watch funny videos on Youtube, turn the tv on and your mind off for a bit. Just remember to turn your brains on again after that, this was just a break. Take about half an hour and be lazy, then get back to the list and do something for yourself. You'll feel better, I promise!
Now that you got good at crossing off the list, you'll notice that your breaks are getting shorter and shorter. Get rid of them if you feel like you don't enjoy them anymore!
The main point of this List is to enjoy. If you don't, take it off, don't do it anymore. Now you may also put chores on it (like I did), which inevitably has to be done, but we all know how good it feels when you cross it off, so focus on that, it'll be easier.
26 February 2014
- 42g unsalted butter, softened
- 50g brown sugar
- half of large whisked egg
- 1/2 table spoon vanilla
- large pinch salt
- 1/4 table spoon baking powder
- 1/4 table spoon baking soda
- 50g flour
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, plus 2 TBSP more for topping
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- In a small bowl, stir together the butter and sugar until well combined. Add in the vanilla and egg stir until incorporated.
- Sprinkle the the salt, baking powder, and baking soda evenly over the mixture and stir until incorporated.
- Add the flour and stir just until combined.
- Fold in the 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Form a large ball of dough in the center of a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silpat. Top with more chocolate chips and a bit of salt if desired.
- Bake at 180ºC for 13-15 minutes until the edges are set and lightly browned and the center still looks underbaked.
- Allow to cool for several minutes on the baking sheet.